Sonora Cat Rescue stands up for
the Voiceless in our Community
We not only save them,
(placing 500 in homes each year)
We prevent the suffering
(3,000 spay/neuters each year)
And we fix close to 3,000 a year.
Imagine the impact we are having on the homeless pet population and with your help we can do so much more!!!
Other ways you can help
These kitties are ready for adoption applications today
As you can see our much loved cats/kittens live in real foster homes,
and only spend short periods of time at Petsmart or other adoption events.
Please click on a photo below for details and foster parent information.
Many of these kitties are at Petsmart, Sonora, right now
kittens / cats
Cat Facts That You Might Not Know
- Cats are becoming pregnant at 4 months sometimes earlier.
- Kittens can and should be fixed at 8 weeks and 2 lbs.
- Cats are having 3 or 4 litters per year now instead of 1 or 2.
- One cat and her breeding partner can be responsible for hundreds of kittens in just a few years.
- You will never adopt your way out of the cat overpopulation problem. Spay/Neuter will equalize the number of cats to the number of available homes.
- One possible cause of this recent change is the amount of estrogen that humans have introduced into the environment.
- There are never going to be enough homes for all these kittens. Most die of starvation, abuse by humans or killed by wild animals.
- Cats are domestic animals. If they appear “feral” it is because they are terrified of humans. Most “feral” cats are cats that have been abandoned by some jerk.
- California Civil Code 597 states that it is against the law to abandon a cat, abuse a cat, kill a cat or deprive a cat of food and shelter.